TENS Unit and Birth Pool Rentals in Vancouver
Drug-free pain relief for labour and beyond
TENS Unit Rentals - Terms and Conditions
(see below for Birth Pool Rental Terms and Conditions)
By checking off the "Agree" box on my online Rental Reservation Form, I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older, and have read, understand and agree to the terms outlined below.
1. I do hereby acknowledge and agree that Adar Birth Services (lessor) will lease the maternal TENS unit identified in this rental contract to me, the lessee, as identified in my online Maternal TENS Rental Reservation Form.
1.a) The TENS machine is supplied on the understanding that it will be used only by the person whose name appears on the booking form and is not transferable between individuals.
2. The person hiring the unit will have discussed the use of a TENS machine with the medical practitioner in charge of their care, and will have received the practitioners approval PRIOR to rental and use of the TENS unit, .
3. TENS will be used following the instructions provided.
4. The success of TENS is neither guaranteed nor implied.
5. The TENS unit will be supplied to the best of our ability in perfect working order ready for use.
6. TENS should not be used by anyone suffering from epilepsy, fitted with a cardiac pacemaker or who suffers from (or is suspected of suffering from) heart disease.
7. Adar Birth Services reserves the right to charge the replacement value of lost, stolen or damaged TENS units or part of a unit. The replacement cost may be charged if any TENS unit or part of a unit is returned contaminated with bodily fluids.
8. Adar Birth Services shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury or damage sustained as a result of misusing our TENS unit.
9. The return of the TENS unit to Adar Birth Services rests with the renter. A shipping label is provided with the rental unit. The renter must retain the receipt from this label for a period of three months as proof of posting.
10. The rental period begins two weeks before the estimated due date as provided by your healthcare practitioner. You keep the unit until three days after your baby is born or for five weeks, whichever is greater. Should the unit not be returned by the last day of the rental period (unless otherwise agreed with Adar Birth Services), an additional $15 will be charged for each week or part of additional week that the unit fails to be returned. If the TENS is kept for more than two additional weeks (beyond the rental period, as described), or is not returned for any reason, all the full cost of the unit and any parts in your possession will be automatically charged to the your credit or debit card.
11. Additional weeks can be arranged if you wish to receive the TENS unit earlier than two weeks before your estimated due date. The cost is $15/week, or part thereof.
12. In the event of a cancellation up to two weeks prior to the start of the rental period agreed to, the rental fee will returned less an administration fee of $15. No refund will be made after the two weeks prior to the start your your rental period OR if the TENS unit has been dispatched to the renter OR for non-use of a machine.
13. All Adar Birth Services TENS rental units are tested prior to dispatch. However the liability of Adar Birth Services shall not exceed the rental charge.
14. Adar Birth Services cannot be held liable for Canada Post not delivering in line with their published services.
15. Adar Birth Services reserves the right to alter Terms and Conditions of rental without prior notice.
16. TENS electrodes should be placed on the back according to the instructions. Use can begin during early labour. Unit can be placed on limbs during testing or practice after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Electrodes should not be placed on broken or inflamed skin.
17. Extra pads cost $15 per set of four. If you order extra pads after your unit has been shipped or picked up, extra shipping & handling charges will apply.
18. TENS units are NOT compatible with water. If you wish to have a shower or bath or want to get in your birthing pool, you must first turn off the TENS unit and remove the TENS pads from your skin.
19. It is your responsibility to check the contents of the rental package upon receipt and familiarise themselves with the use of the TENS machine and user instructions. The customer must advise Adar Birth Services of any problems whatsoever within the first 24 hours of receipt. Damage reported after that 24-hour period will be assumed to have been caused by you, and you will be charged for repair or replacement of the unit, at the discrescion of Adar Birth Services. Adar Birth Services accepts no responsibility where the customer fails to do so thereby rendering it impossible for Adar Birth Services to take any corrective action.
*Ground Shipping, within Canada only. Phone or email for rates to other countries or for faster shipping options.
**You are responsible for finding out if your extended health plan covers the rental of TENS machines for labour and birth. Adar Birth Services does not have a list of eligible health plans.
***Local pick-up is available and can be useful if you are renting at the last minute and concerned about getting your TENS machine in time. East Vancouver location. No difference in price.
****If you order extra pads after your unit has been shipped or picked up, extra shipping & handling charges will apply.
Birth Pool Rental - Terms and Conditions
1. I do hereby acknowledge and agree that Adar Birth Services (lessor) will lease the water birth pool identified in this rental contract to me, the lessee, as identified in my online Birth Pool Rental Reservation Form.
2. Lessee understands that the rental price of their birth pool is on a per birth basis of a period beginning two weeks (or less) before the lessee's estimated due date (as listed above )until three days past the birth of the baby. If lessee wishes to take possession of the pool before this time, that can be arranged at a rate of $30 per week (no pro-rating available). If lessee wishes to arrange a different date of delivery, this must be done at the time of reservation.
3. Lessee agrees to negotiate a mutually agreeable time and date for pick-up and drop-off of the pool and accessories. Pool and accessories may not be left outside unattended at any time. In the event that it is not possible to arrange such an appointment, the lessee agrees to pay lessor for the shipping and handling charges for receiving and returning the water birth pool. Lessee may return birth pool by Canada Post (using Signature Option) or by UPS at their discretion
. 4. Lessee acknowledges that this agreement is non-transferable.
5. Lessee acknowledges that the water birth pool rental is specifically limited to indoor use.
6. Lessee agrees to take full responsibility for the manner in and purpose for which said water birth pool is used.
7. Lessee agrees to contact lessor within three days after the baby’s birth to arrange birth pool return.
8. Lessee agrees to return the water birth pool to lessor undamaged following its use. Lessee agrees to pay for the replacement or repair of rented birth pool in the event that it is damaged, not returned to lessor, or rendered unusable while in lessee’s possession, up to a maximum amount of $250.
9. Lessee understands that there will be no reduction in the rental fees if the water birth pool is unused during the rental period, or if the water birth pool is returned before the birth or otherwise returned before the end of the rental period. A refund of $25 may be given for an unused and unopened pool liner, at the discretion of Adar Birth Services.
10. Lessee agrees to release and hold harmless lessor and/or any agent thereof, its members, employees, associates, and affiliated manufacturers from any and all responsibility or liability for maternal complications, infant mortality or morbidity, or injury to any or all persons in connection with the use of rented water birth pool that may occur before, during, and/or after labour and/or birth in the water birth pool provided by the lessee.
11. Lessee specifically holds lessor harmless from any claims made by third parties, as well as any damage or injury to property occasioned by the use of the water birth pool during the rental period or while the water birth pool is otherwise in the possession of the lessee, and furthermore agrees to indemnify lessor for any and all liability or expenses including attorney fees, incurred by lesser occasioned by the use of the water birth pool during the rental period or while the water birth pool is otherwise in possession of the lessee.
12. A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve the water birth pool, which is applied to balance. The balance is due ten weeks before lessee’s Estimated Due Date as listed above or immediately if it is already less than ten weeks before the lessee’s estimated due date as listed in the lessee's Rental Form.
13. Cancellation for birth pools will be refunded less a $75 processing & reservation fee ONLY if cancellation is received two weeks prior to the commencement of lessee’s rental.
14. Lessee understands the cancellation policy and refund policy.
15. In the event that the baby arrives before the tub is delivered, lessee will be refunded the rental fee less a $75 processing & reservation fee.
16. Lessee understands that hospitals do not permit the set-up or use of birthing pools. Birthing pools are rented for home use only.
17. Lessee agrees to inflate the birth pool within 24-hours of receipt and leave it for six hours or more to ensure that there are no deficiencies in the pool. Lessee understands that any deficiencies reported after the 24-hour period will be treated as the lessee's responsibility and the lessee will be required to pay for repair or replacement of the unit, at the lessor's dis, up to a maximum amount of $250.
By checking off the "Agree" box on my online Rental Reservation Form, I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older, and have read, understand and agree to the terms outlined above.
"I simply wouldn't go through labour again without the TENS. It was key to my ability to cope and not require any pain medications."
"When I started feeling like the contractions were overwhelming it was one thing that I could have control over."
"My Elle TENS really worked! I thought it wasn't working until I tried turning it off. Mistake! I turned it right back on again and used it right through to full dilation. I was able to increase the sensation as my labour got stronger without coming to the upper limit of what the machine could offer. If I have another baby I'll definitely use it again! Thanks!
"I thought that it would give me an unpleasant sensation, but the feeling was just a kind of gentle buzzing feeling; very odd at first, but certainly not uncomfortable or at all painful. I've been practicing with it as you recommended and look forward to having it on-hand for my labour."